On a Windows Server Virtual Machine that is running VMWare ESXi 5.0.x, you receive a “CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION” Stop error code that begins as follows:
Bugcheck code 00000109
Arguments a3a01f58`92797517 b3b72bde`e4f976b6 00000000`c0000103 00000000`00000007
To resolve this problem, go to the following VMWare website:
This is a known issue that affects ESXi 5.0.x. For more information, contact VMWare.
To work around this issue, manually create a CPUID mask for the affected virtual machines. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn off the virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine, and then click Edit Settings.
- Click the Options tab.
- Under Advanced, click CPUID Mask.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Register column, locate the edx register under Level 80000001.
- In the Value field, enter the following character string exactly:
- Click OK two times.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.