To specify the number of days that the log files are stored on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, complete the following steps:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 and 4.1
- Open the BlackBerry Server Configuration Panel by selecting Start > Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Server > BlackBerry Server Configuration.
- Select the Logging tab.
- Under each category, specify the preferred number of days for Debug Log Maximum Daily File Age. The recommended number of days is 30.
- Click OK.
- On the computer that host the BlackBerry Enterprise Server components, in the Microsoft Windows Services, restart the appropriate BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the left pane, expand BlackBerry Solution Topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component View.
- Select Logging
- Click the instance that contains the logging settings.
- On the Logging details tab, click Edit instance.
- In each section, in the Maximum age of daily log files field, type the required number of days (for example, 30 days) to delete the log files after.
- Click Save all.
- On the Servers and components menu, locate and restart the components that contain the changed logging settings.
Note: In BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP1, the field to enter the number of days is dimmed and unavailable. This issue has been resolved in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP2.
Posted in: Server