The Citrix Licensing Service crashes on startup when using License Server versions 11.6.1 build 10007 through 11.9 installed on Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2. The following Event ID 1000 is logged in the Windows Application Event Log:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application lmadmin.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module lmadmin.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0005d8c2.
The concurrent_state.xml and/or the activation_state.xml files become unusable and the Citrix Licensing Service, lmadmin.exe, does not properly handle the unusable file and crashes.
- issue is resolved with the Citrix License Server version 11.10 for Windows which can be downloaded from here.
- following steps can be performed as a workaround until your Citrix License Server can be upgraded to version 11.10.
- Delete the concurrent_state.xml and the activation_state.xml files.
- C:\Program Files\Citrix\Licensing\ls\conf directory on a 32-bit server
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Citrix\Licensing\ls\conf directory on a 64-bit
- Restart the license server.
These files are recreated after restarting the license server allowing the Citrix Licensing Service to successfully start and the Citrix License Server to function normally.
Posted in: Server